This past week Maggie’s mother flew down and spent Thanksgiving with us at my parents house. The day was nice. One of Maggie’s roommates also joined us for the day. The day after Thanksgiving Maggie, her mother, and my mother went dress shopping. Then on Saturday Maggie, her mom, and I went wedding ring shopping.
The weekend was a nice time with my future mother in law (I like the term Mother-in-elect better because she is more than just mother by law). It was a strange time though also. Maggie and I both were focused on the wedding while their. By next Thanksgiving we will be married. Also my parents are selling the house they live in, the house I grew up in since 4th grade. Knowing this would be more than likely the last major holiday in this house.
With less than 9 months till the marriage both Maggie and I are in the midst of getting all the details set in stone. Neither of us have good paying jobs, neither of us have realistic ideas of what the next year will look like. It is so difficult to sit back and trust God.
We both want to start businesses within the first few years of marriage. We also want to build a loft style home and adopt children within the first five years. It is so hard to just sit back and trust God during all this. I want to take it over but I can’t. I am a planner, I live in the details. I don’t know the details of what our life will look like, what even the next few months hold for us.
How do we plan a future we don’t know what holds? How do we budget for a wedding with no clue what type of jobs or pay we will have? How do I trust God when so often in the past I misheard, jumped too soon, or took it into my own hands?
I say I misheard God in the past because the way things turned out but when I look back I see how these things are lesson learned Are these times I ‘misheard’ God really just lessons he needed to teach me? If so what about the things I am currently doing for God? What happens if these things fail? I know they are of God because of all the amazing things happening around them, but will that last?
It all comes down to faith and I am learning I don’t nearly have as much as I once thought I did.
1 comment:
Here's an idea...take life one day at a time.
Doing so allows your plans, if they're meant to be, to slowly fall in to place. You want to rush everything...all good things come with time.
I'll put it in terms you understand: Food.
Do you eat a steak that someone pulled cut right out of the cow? Heck no! You eat one that was cut out, that was choice and selected and then aged to perfection. Then once it's aged it's marinated for even longer then FINALLY it's cooked. Those are the best steaks, and the best ideas are ones that are slowly aged to perfection, marinated for a while then FINALLY cooked.
Post a Comment