Friday, November 6, 2009

how long is 5000 days?

I was at Chipotle the other night watching this video. It blew me away. The idea of how a invention can completely alter the course of human thought in less than 5,000 days is almost overwhelming. This is a few years dated but I think the changes of the internet within the last 2 years proves the point that Kevin Kelly is making here.




If everything is interconnected through this 'one' how will we interact with each other, with our clothing, our furniture, and our cities? I imagine cities that become extremely personalized. I imagine a future where each individual can manipulate things like their transit pod (a PRT system car where the car recognizes the rider, the screen can show the most popular destinations for that rider, advertisements will be specifically for that individual, and even have local radio that the individual can select.)

As a person walks around town the ads on buildings will interact with the person. (as talked about here and talked about here, both examples being from Times Sq. This is also found in future vending machines.)

No comments: