I know I know, its been 2 months since I posted on here. Its been partly due to the fact that I didn't have a computer and have been using friends computers to do research and homework. But yesterday I finally broke down and bought a new computer. Its an ASUS with Windows 7, thus far I've been very impressed with it.
Let me see...
School is kicking my ass. My classes are all very interesting but there is one class that seems to consume my life. I literally am dreaming about it at night now.
For my Social Research class I am working on a research proposal that deals with religious views of those in new urbanism planned communities vs the religious views of those from the surrounding areas.
For my Contemporary Urban Sociology class I am working on a research proposal that deals with the installation of a Personal Rapid Transit system within the UCF area.
And for the ProSem class I am working on a literature review on the film/tv industry's impact upon local communities it films in.
My focus is Urban Studies with my own school of thought being from the New Urbanism style.
Well thats my schooling.
I now have a job at the school at Institute of Social and Behavioral Sciences. I work on surveys for different groups. Its very interesting and the nice thing is I can use the data collected in my classes.
I moved into a new apartment. Its in the Hannibal Square neighborhood in Winter Park. I live right on New England near Park Ave. Its REALLY REALLY small (like 525 sq ft for a two bedroom) but its all I need. The building is like the old Melrose Place building. The neighbors all call it Hellrose Place, lol. All my neighbors are really chill and great to talk with. I love it. My roommate is awesome, hes' a sociologist undergrad at UCF so we have some of the same professors. Its nice having someone of the same interest to be able to just have normal conversations with. Its really helping me come to a better understanding of sociology.
He is from northern California (what is it about me and making friends with people from the Northwest?) and is really laid back. He is the opposite of my old roommate, whom I really kinda miss, but its nice having such a laid back person around also.
On a more personal note my father has yet to find a job in construction so keep your eyes and ears open. My mom had found one but it didn't last so she is also looking for a bookkeeping job. Lake county is still pretty hard in the recession. I just read an article in the SFGate that oddly enough talked about Lake County, Fl. It really kind of sunk in how bad it is in the LC, I mean if the SFGate is talking about it (through the AP but still) it has to be pretty bad. oh well, new home construction is up in the Orlando market (according to the Orlando Sentinel) so hopefully my dad can get back into it sooner than later.
Well thats about all thats happening around my life. I know most of you follow me on twitter but this update was for those that don't. If you don't you should.
It's so nice being back on here. You guys don't know how much I missed this blog. Its what helps me through my day and what helps me formalize my ideas.
I began this blog just as I was in my freshman year of college (back in those days at AOL Journals- RIP AOL Journals and RIP GeoCities. both of you helped me discover the internet) and now I am here in my first year of Grad school, as scared and confused as I was back then and now I am once again on here blogging through my experiences. thanks for reading. Its you guys who I seem be able to the most real with, you who support me the most, and you who I look forward to continuing this journey with.
No comments:
Post a Comment