Monday, December 14, 2009

Let the good times roll....

It is finished!

I just emailed in my last paper yesterday and went out last night to Savoy to celebrate. I had a great time.

This semester flew by, especially the post-thanksgiving time. Wow. Its been so long since I've updated. I really suck at this whole blogging thing anymore.

Truthfully its twitter and tumblr who are to blame. I rarely have enough to say to write a whole blog entry, instead my every thought is broadcast to about 80 followers on twitter and my every picture, link, and song I like are posted on my Tumblr.

oh well. I promise I'll still show you guys so love.

This past week has been nothing but work and parties.

Monday was a presentation in class about the religious demographics within New Urbanism towns as compared to those of surrounding areas. My professor loved it and it looks like I might actually do the research I proposed begin this spring.




Wednesday was the last day of class for me. It was so nice going in and seeing everyone one last time.

Thursday a friend came over and hung out my apartment. We had a few of the many beers that now call my fridge home. We went for a drive around Winter Park and tried to get a little studying done together. After wards I was on dropping him off back at UCF when we saw this cool trailer with a spray painted sign on it.

Some rednecks had made a homemade classic spinning barrel room with a stationary platform you walk on. The room spinning around you makes you feel as though the platform is also spinning. I've seen this done many times, haunted houses and fun houses do it a lot. WonderWorks has one and I think Ripley's in Orlando both have them.

This one though was homemade with some redneck charging people $1 at the door. It was in a trailer they converted with some search lights scanning the skies from the back of a pick-up truck. Amazingly though this one seemed to be one of the most effective spinning rooms I've ever experienced. It made me so happy to see the old sideshow lifestyle still surviving, even here in a abandon lot across from UCF in the heart of everything.

Friday night one of my neighbors was preforming at Wills Pub down the road with her band. I went and met up with most of my neighbors. Almost all of Hellrose was there in support of her and the band. It was a great time. I swung by Paradise on the way to my car to say to some bartenders I haven't seen in like a month. (I made myself not go out until I was finished with school so it really has been like a month since I went anywhere)

Saturday was the Sociology dept Christmas Party. It was so nice to see all the professors, fellow grad students, and staff all hanging out and having a good time. Plus there was lot fo BRAND NAME!! alcohol there, lol. I didn't drink too much but man there is something to be said about drinking brand name drinks!

Sunday I finished up my paper and emailed it in then met a friend from school at Savoy to relaxing and have a good time. I lost count of how many drinks I had but my tab showed 13! and I was loving every minute of it.

Today was mostly recovering from last night. My roommate showed me a great little cafe at the hospital near our house. Its all vegetarian and overlooks the lake. Very calm, clean, and semi-cheap. Afterwards we drove around a bit and then he headed out. I grabbed some dinner and headed to Savoy for some highballs and chatted with the bartender.

Tomorrow I'm meeting some people from class to grab some drinks, then I think my end of the semester partying will be over. Still need a fit in a crazy night with the roommie before its all said and done but with our schedules it may be awhile. Oh well, its been an intense week of papers and parties but the semester is over!

No comments: