Here is my list of projects I hope get funding....
Florida High Speed Rail
Tampa Bay Area Regional Transit (My vote is the Regional Emphasis plan)
New USF Polytechnic campus
California High Speed Rail (Sure I don't live there and probably will never use this but I know how much it is needed and California isn't in the place to even give it a little funding)
Dr Philips Performance Art Center (This can easily become the downtown Orlando landmark but only if it gets all the funding it needs!)
Duluth to Minneapolis High Speed Rail
Lake County Florida Commuter Rail link
Adding solar panels Orange County Florida Convention Center
The Innovation Way/Beachline Expressway Interchange
Help build Encore in Tampa
Add two new taxiways at Tampa International Airport
Major renovations at Hillsborough County Schools and Miami-Dade schools
Complete rebuild of I-275 through Tampa
I was sad to see that the water taxi project between Tampa and St. Pete has all but died. I was hoping that would make the list but dead projects probably wont. I would also like to see some major conversation efforts approved. There has already been a huge push to improve our National parks and money for purchasing of endangered lands. I hope both of these pass along with many other plans to build public parks, improve parks, and conserve land. I also would like to see more projects to help those who are differently abled get approved. I know that the Polk County Florida County Courthouse is on the list for these improvements. I don't care as much about these because they are for a smaller group of people but I would still like to the see them approved.
I see these things as the projects that will be looked back upon in the years to come as wise choices. These projects help the communities at large and help improve the way of life, along with providing needed jobs, houses, and education. We will be finding out all of what Obama plans to do in the coming weeks (though I don't expect an entire plan to be laid out for some time. I expect multiple projects getting the green light in waves, the first wave will be mid-February but many other projects will be skipped this time and get approved in the coming months.)
I will be watching, waiting, to see if these projects get approved. I pray they each do and I hope they will be done the right way, the fastest way, and the cheapest way. Any projects you hoping are approved? Any ideas what can also be added to these list.
No comments:
Post a Comment