Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Outsider looking In

If you haven't checked out the article on Slate about Megachurches do it! It reminds me quite a bit of Jim and Casper Go To Church but with more raw feelings.

I always love when outsiders challenge the church by telling us what we should already know! I wish we could each take a Sunday off and go to another church in town to see how it is as a first timer. Around the holidays I try to attend multiple churches to see (and secretly to myself rate, I also love to do this with Judgment Houses!) their Christmas productions. This is most churches time to shine. I have been to churches with no parking attendants, no greeters, no informational signs, all for their biggest service of the year!

Often we forget what church is for, who its for, why its done. Then we forget what its like to come there the first time.

Now I know that most of you have already seen this but for those that haven't here it is


No comments: