Saturday, August 16, 2008

The saga in Lakeland continues...

Is it just me or is this whole Lakeland revival like a televangelist ministry but on fast forward. Less than 6 months ago few knew of Todd Bentley, then a huge revival, a international nightly broadcast, then the criticism from the media, and now the affair (there's an affair for some reason!).

Last week Todd announced his wife and him had separated, then yesterday the Fresh Fire website posted a press release that stated,

"Todd Bentley has entered into an unhealthy relationship on an emotional level with a female member of his staff. In light of this new information and in consultation with his leaders and advisors, Todd Bentley has agreed to step down from his position on the Board of Directors and to refrain from all public ministry for a season to receive counsel in his personal life."

The letter than continued with an apology and a great spin on how this is an opportunity for the 'rest of us' to pick up the baton of revival on run forward with it.

------

I'm already suspicious of who the woman is, could it be a Swift person? Check out how the revival began? Who made it famous? Hum, a struggling singer dreaming of making it big, begins posting videos of a friends revival? Then through the revival gets international attention, then could this person then fall in love with the leader of the revival? It is very likely, I can't say if it is true, but darn it would make one great movie!


For more on the soap opera, I mean revival, check out the coverage over at TBO (Tampa Bay Online)

And if you haven't please check out my series of the history of the revival and those involved with it. Trails to Lakeland


(P.S. If you follow me on Twitter or Plurk you know that this past monday my computer fell and broke, so I am currently working on getting a new one but in the meantime I may be posting less than usual, so I am sorry. See you soon!!!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Soap Opera! Nice! What next? Killing people so ew might raise them from the dead, thus proving God's ordained apostles still roam the earth today? Gullibility.....