Today I'm playing a simpler video that what I have been playing. This is just a discussion that a few people had at a church about homosexuality.
Here is a discussion, broken into 3 parts. One of the pastors in this video is the senior pastor of my home church in Orlando. I know of gay people in this church but they loved and welcomed and encouraged to seek God and look in the Bible for the ultimate truth. I dealt first hand with the some of the students at this church who were openly gay, and some of these students shook up some parents but the leadership of the church helped show how we need to love ALL people and welcome all people, no matter where they are on their spiritual journey.
The third video picks up halfway through the second video and goes forward, so don't stop it if it sounds familiar.
Lets reflect the next few days on how your church deals with homosexuality. Does it show love in its actions? Are ALL people truly welcomed to come in and hear the good news? Are ALL people welcomed to come along and share their spiritual journey, seek out Christian mentors and help strive to be better people there? If not, why?
No comments:
Post a Comment