Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gay Pride Month And What We Need To See

The other day I posted about June being Gay Pride Month and how, no matter what we believe, we need to love all people. As stated before during these entries I don’t want to take sides on this and I don’t want to discuss why or why not it’s right or wrong. I want to show how homosexuals are viewed as ‘sub’ citizen.

Today I’m showing another video, this one of a girl who was kicked out of her house and disowned from her church. This video hits home for me. One night a few years ago a close friend of mine called me on the phone crying because not of his old friends will even return an email or phone call, all because he came out. He was asked to leave his church over his coming out, asked to not come back. He wept on the phone asking me why is that when he needs the church the most they disown him. All I could do was show him love, true Godly love. That is our mandate from God, love one another.

Look around this month and see how in your own community those of alternative lifestyles, especially homosexuality, are mistreated and viewed as sub-citizens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more!!