Friday, May 9, 2008

Books to Read and Jobs to Find

Sorry I haven't been updated like I should/usually do lately.  Truthfully I have been kind of depressed, but I don't want to admit it or let anyone know it. 

Wednesday was real hard for me.  It hit me that I am back to square one, no money, no real job.  At least this time I have blockbuster, that will help some, not a lot but some.

I was laying in bed last night thinking about it.  I am almost 24, I have a college degree, but I would say I am probably the most unsuccessful of any of my friends.  I have so many dreams, yet no clue how to do them.

Maggie and I had a long convo last night about money, the wedding, how we will save once we get married, and the like.  We only want one car, we may live with friends for awhile, etc. 

I do have some promising leads as far jobs go.  I hope to be subing for Hillsborough Schools soon, and then maybe find a job within the school district. 

Thank goodness I have an amazing fiance with helps me.  And I have a great roommate who always seems to help right when I need it! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Got to love Americans!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have applied at some jobs so hopefully something happens soon.  I genuinely feel that the local economy is rebounding.  There is new construction and it seems more people out buying stuff.  The Orlando economy hasn't been hit nearly as bad as Tampa has, Orlando is doing good with all the foreign tourist who are enjoying the crappy dollar right now.  I mean Disney has been packed lately, the Apple store had quickly become a major attraction, the malls are full (yes even more than normal) of tourist, the hotels are all booked up.  So Orlando isn't doing that bad. 

I want a job like the one I left.  I mean being around people, being in theme parks, walking all day in the sun, it was my dream job! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I finally finished Life After Church.  It was an amazing book!  Anyone who is struggling with issues with the church needs to read it.  Its a very balanced book, it encourages certain people to stay and others to go.  It is no doubt in my top 5 reads!  (Check out internetmonk's, Michael Spencer, review of it)

Now on the next book.  How to Re-imagine the World.  I am in chapter 3 and thus far its another rock my socks off book! 






No comments: