http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aw4tHTgQVt8
http://www.cephasministry.com/william_branham.html
http://www.bible.ca/tongues-neo-montanism.htm
http://www.pfo.org/bhnecro.htm
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/bhinn.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_hinn
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/resignation.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/prod03.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/pensacola.html
http://godnet.org/allroads.htm
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~emcd/AlphaRoots_Frisbee.htm
http://www.tribwatch.com/lattrain.htm
http://www.intotruth.org/kcp/kcp-wineskins.html
http://www.intotruth.org/kcp/kcp-roots.html
http://www.intotruth.org/apostasy/harp-bowl.htm
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/kcp.html
http://www.christiandoctrine.net/doctrine/articles/article_00093_the_kansas_city_prophets_web.htm
http://www.cephas-library.com/evangelists/bob_jones_shepherd_rod.html
http://www.bobjones.org/?zone=/unionactive/view_page.cfm&page=Intinerary
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/j08.html
http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/2008/05/13/the-most-fruitless-mission-ever/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Prophets
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostolic-Prophetic_Movement
Lakeland/ Florida Outpouring
http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/pentecostal-leader-homo.html
http://www.strangreport.com/2008/05/my-observations-of-outpouring-in.html
http://www.freshfire.ca/index.php?Act=read&status=teaching&Id=40&pid=954
http://www.etpv.org/2003/angho.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/strange2.htm
http://theredskywarning.blogspot.com/2008/05/todd-bentleys-god-tv-charisma-hyped.html
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=377625336
http://livingjourney.wordpress.com/2008/05/21/virgins-anointed/
http://lakelandrevival.blogspot.com/
http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/2008/05/07/lou-engle-of-the-call-calls-for-war/
http://blog.thewaycf.com/2008/05/todd-bentley-do-we-have-anything-to.html
Rodney Howard Brown
http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo/vine3is5.html
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/howard-browne.html
http://www.biblestudy.org/beginner/definition-of-christian-terms/holy-laughter.html
http://www.agape.com/dleintro.htm
http://cnt10d.tripod.com/rodney.htm
Toronto
http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo/laughter.html
http://www.churchsociety.org/churchman/documents/cman_109_1_gardnertingle.pdf
http://hirr.hartsem.edu/research/pentecostalism_polomaart6.html
Unspecific Sites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fliqcEqYUX0&feature=related
http://www.thechristianexpositor.org/page44.html
http://www.takeheed.net/StrangebedfellowswithEA.htm
http://www.pfo.org/nurandyclark.htm
http://www.pawcreek.org/articles_pcm/end_times/kathryn_kuhlman.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/Pent30.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/Latrain37.htm
http://www.intotruth.org/apostasy/harp-bowl.htm
http://www.hiddenmysteries.org/index.html
http://www.grmi.org/Richard_Riss/history/rclark.html
http://www.grmi.org/Richard_Riss/history/htb.html
http://www.grmi.org/Richard_Riss/history/argentina2.html
http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo/pictures/vinec2i5.gif
http://www.geocities.com/smithtj.geo/pictures/vinec1i5.gif
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/hills/8335/bosbio.html
http://www.freewebs.com/robbino/faithfree.htm
http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/thirdwaveteachings.html
http://www.cephasministry.com/joels_army_who_is_rick_joyner.html
http://www.catholicthought.com/new_page_5.htm
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/r06.html
http://video.aol.com/video-detail/rory-alec-on-todd-bentleys-healing-revival/1691849324
http://thegovernmentalgoalsofgodtv.wordpress.com/category/god-tv-and-ihop/
http://sheepyweepy.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/tracking-the-disappearing-trail/
http://pjmiller.wordpress.com/2008/06/08/jesus-to-make-personal-appearance-in-lakeland/
http://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Cain
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F._F._Bosworth
http://cnt10.tripod.com/thirdwaveexposed.pdf
http://blog.thewaycf.com/2008/05/todd-bentley-do-we-have-anything-to.html
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/r06.html
http://brothermarty.blogspot.com/
3 comments:
I was hoping you would have some credible sources. Webpages, not so much. I was finding that there is an uneasy tension in your account, which really places too much weight on some of the more untenable claims. However, it is really hard to pull that all apart anyway. The Latter Rain heresay is definitely an influence that comes back again and again in Pentecostal/Charismatic circles.
There are some great resources on Lonnie out there, David Di Sabatino's video is excellent BTW. And he did an article in Quest for the Radical Middle, which is a great account of the Vineyard's history, albeit from an insider.
I've been around Pentecostal/Charismatic churches for over 20 years now and have yet to hear any real evidence of Egyptology or some of the other wilder claims, except from the heresay hunters who are known for deliberately misquoting sources.
What would be good is some solid academic research into the subject. But being an academic theologian myself, I don't think there would be too many academics brave enough to tackle this rats nest. Not I, that's for sure.
One of the good things of today is that we have so many videos. I will try to hunt better sources for the Egyptology. In the mean time if you know of any good sources please tell me.
I didn't want to spend too long working on this entry so I used what was available and that was websites. I would like find better sources for some of the information. I did try to not base anything just one website and some of the more bizarre or big claim websites I didn't use. I tried to piece together the story as best I could with what I had to work with. I do have personal friends and even myself have witnessed some of the things mentioned in this story, though I always waited till I found the same story on a website so it was just my story.
I think best sources we can use are actual videos of what the people say, that is the hardest to misrepresent. There are plenty of videos of Jones and Bentley, Branham is the hard one to get videos of but there are a few out there still. I know that Youtube and DVDs aren't academic sites but what a person says is best. Those with the Florida Outpouring have claimed it to be traced back to Branham Wigglesworth so that is a place to start at least, and thats what I tried to do.
If anything in the account seems wrong please tell me, I tried to get as much as close to the original source as possible but some things are from websites that I don't know the authors intentions.
Thanks, Ken
I wonder if Wigglesworth would roll over in his grave to be connected to Barnham. I do know that folks are making the Wigglesworth connection, but Bentley seems nothing like what I've read of Wigglesworth.
David Di Sabatino is accessible on the web, and he is the authority on the Jesus People era (and Lonnie). I've chatted with him in emails lots of times. You can find him through www.lonniefrisbee.com.
I would also recommend Robby Mac's Post-Charismatic project, he did a tonne of research including tracking down tonnes of taped messages. www.robbymac.org.
Once I get through my current research paper I'm actually interested in doing a short piece on the Latter Rain movement. I think it would be worthwhile.
peace
Post a Comment